Tuesday 18 November 2008

NowThen magazine.

I've spent the last 9 months building a local magazine for Sheffield.

Independent art, music, trade, and news.

Starting to become well proud of it. It's a lot of work to do on me tod but its well rewarding to have a project I can return to monthly and see ways in which I can make it better. Having never been taught to design in my life certainly has its hinderances and massive knowledge gaps, and challenging myself to learn new skills weekly makes me very happy.

The concept behind it is to theme each issue after a decent artist - with single submissions from local artists and friends whose work I thrive off. I have to say how fucking amazing a few of them have been -

Phlegm. Dan is one of the hardest working people I've ever met, properly dedicated to his work and developing a body of work that has one of the most distinct styles I've come across. He's stupidly talented, did our first magazine (which is so full of mistakes on my part Im not even posting a link to it...) and has contributed a fake ad to hide amongst the others for
every issue we've done so far. I can't explain how greatful I am to him, so I'll just promote the fuck out of him instead. He's just released a new comic - get hold of a copy here.

local pen genius called Craww (who will be our featured artist in February, my birthday issue so it had better be good mate!)

I've had some sick artists in illustrating it - here's links to a few recent copies.

September issue was Keaton Henson from London village -
Get it here.




October issue was Matt Cipov from Seattle -
Get it here.



November issue was Women158 from Leeds -
Get it here.

Tell me what you think.

Presently putting together an issue with a lad called Kid Acne, he's a bit fuckin good and I have a massive smirk plastered over my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment